Are you familiar with consumer electronics, enjoy reading about them and using them? Do you do a good portion of your shopping online? Do you like to research products online before you make a purchase? Would you consider your online research skills above average? Would you enjoy a position where your day consisted of various responsibilities associated with preparing and validating online product content & details for online web sales? Are you a critical thinker that would enjoy looking for consumer trends and patterns that affect online product sales? Does throwing on a pair of headphones and working independently sound good to you? Are you a go with the flow kind of person that can present opinions in a creative and positive manner?
If so, SpaceBound’s Product Management Team may be a great fit for you!
Training Bonuses: Upon completion of 6-month training and one-year anniversary
Location: LaGrange, OH - No rush-hour traffic from any location!
• 20-35 Minutes from Cleveland, Westlake, North Ridgeville, Elyria, Avon, Medina, and Brunswick
• 35-45 Minutes from Lakewood, Beachwood, Sandusky, Brecksville, and Strongsville
Company Profile: Celebrating 30+ years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a global supplier of technology products and services within the B2C, B2B and GovEd sectors. Privately held, SpaceBound offers a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years.
Work Tour: Full-Time/Long-Term Salaried Position (M-F 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Responsibilities: In addition to purchasing responsibilities, this position involves pricing strategy for products and creating product promotions in various sales channels. The ability to handle a diverse set of tasks on a daily basis is a must-have skill. Candidate must be able to successfully communicate with other departments.
• Responsible for sourcing, purchasing and pricing inventory
• Cultivate relationships and find new vendors/manufacturers that show potential sales growth
• Review sales channels and identify opportunities to increase profit margins while maintaining competitive ranking
• Recognize sales trends and customer demographics in each channel
• Research and analyze market conditions, key competitors and competitor pricing
• Locate and submit offers for promotional opportunities in various channels
• Monitors all aspects of a product life-cycle
• Verify pricing of current product listings and maintain competitive ranking
• Adjust purchasing based on product cost changes, market volatility, product shortages, seasonality or other key factors
• Analyze sales reports to maximize profitability with product listings
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an office environment
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a purchasing or product management capacity
• Experience with and knowledge of Computer and Consumer Electronic components/accessories/peripherals preferred
• Proficient Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Access experience a plus, but not required
• Typing - minimum of 40 WPM by touch
• Above average internet skills including research, cost, and product comparison, etc.
• Self-motivated and works well independently
• Professional demeanor
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 10-Key by touch preferred
Salary: Negotiable and commensurate with experience and Midwest region cost of living scale
• VIP (Vacation, Illness, Personal) & Holiday Pay
• Private Medical Mutual Health Insurance Plan 80/20 or HSA - SpaceBound pays 25% of the self/employee only portion of the monthly Health Insurance Plan premium
• Dental/Vision Plan - If enrolled in SpaceBound’s Health Insurance Plan, 100% of the self/employee-only portion of the dental insurance cost, and 100% of the self/employee-only portion of the vision insurance cost will be covered by SpaceBound
• Secondary/Supplemental Insurances - Plans are available through Allstate, AFLAC, and Lincoln at employee's expense
• 401K Plan available with an Employer Match
• Team Building Events
• Employee Product Discounts
• Membership Plans – Costco/Sam’s Club
Environment: SpaceBound is a great company and community to raise a family. The Company offers a casual work environment in a new corporate headquarters built in 2007, where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of servant leadership.
Other highlights include:
• Herman Miller Ergonomic “Resolve System” workstations
• Fresh coffee all day
• Free spring water
• Stress relief candy
• Onsite exercise room with shower
• Free parking
• Basketball hoop
• Weekly grill lunches in the summer
• Potluck Fridays
Travel Requirements: Minimal, strictly job-related conferences
• Cover Letter
• Negotiable salary range
*PLEASE SUBMIT ALL THREE REQUIREMENTS TO: Employment@SpaceBound.com
*To be considered, all three requirements must be submitted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.