Global Distribution Company Seeks Tech Support/Customer Service Rep
Company Name: SpaceBound, Inc. (SpaceBound.com)
Location: Cleveland, Ohio Area - Only 25-30 minutes from the following locations: Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, Elyria, Avon, Medina. And, only 45 min. from Lakewood and Brecksville.
Organization: SpaceBound, Inc. is a successful national and international e-commerce Company serving retail and reseller customers worldwide. Throughout our 26 years in business, we remain steadfast in our commitment to our Customers and the Cohesive Trusting SpaceBound Team from which we foster our success. As part of this unique and growing Company, this position will be working in a high-volume, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
SpaceBound is seeking a full-time experienced Technical Support/Customer Service Rep with a minimum of five years experience. The rep must be able to thrive in an environment that is fast paced. The rep serves as an advocate across all of our divisions. This position plays an important role in assisting in both the Tech Support and Customer Service departments following the Company’s standard processes and procedures. The rep is the initial point of contact, and they are responsible to assist the customers as needed.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Order taking and working within the order system
• Order Verification
• Handling e-mails, chats, incoming/outgoing calls, and faxes
• Investigate, research, and troubleshoot
• Tracking results
• Generating daily reports
• Professional attitude
• Above average phone skills using proper phone etiquette
• Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately
• Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
• Knowledge of modern technology including computers, software, hardware, peripherals, electronics, accessories, etc.
• Ability to quickly conduct research online using search engines and other resources
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• Enjoy speaking with retail/reseller customers
• Strong administrative / clerical skills
• Multi-tasking capabilities
• Ability to field the customers’ questions
• Accurately post information in customer records, reports, etc.
• Trustworthy – handling confidential information
• Exceptional communication skills
• Detail oriented in all facets of this position
• Effective listening skills
• Team player
This position is not a job for someone who does not enjoy speaking with customers, handling technical support issues on the projects that are sold, unable to assist customers that may be irate, gets frustrated with diversity, or requires advanced notice on most tasks.
Due to the nature of the business, the Tech Support/Customer Service rep must be able to handle diversity on a daily basis, be organized, have a great attitude, able to follow instructions as they are given, be a team player, and able to work with all levels within and outside of the Company organization along with understanding that the customer is not an interruption to the job.
• Full-Time: Yes
• Days Worked: Monday through Friday
• Hours Worked: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• Telephone Skills: Above Average Skills Required
• Computer Skills: Working Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel along with conducting online searches are required (Access a plus, but not required) (Excel test given)
• Typing Skills: 50 wpm minimum required (typing test given)
• Benefits Available: Yes
• 401K Plan Available: Yes
• Personal Vehicle Required: Yes
Salary: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and Midwest region salaries and cost of living scale. Please submit negotiable salary requirements when submitting your resume and cover letter. SpaceBound will not eliminate a candidate based on suggested salary range.
Benefits: Company pays 25% of Health Insurance premium, 50% dental insurance premium, and offers vision insurance. We also have personal plans through Allstate at employee’s expense. 401K Plan is available. Job-Related Training.
Environment: Free Spring Water and Candy, Onsite Exercise Room and Shower, Free Parking, Basketball Hoop, Weekly Trivia, Summer Grille Lunches, and a new Corporate Headquarters/built 2007. Casual Work Environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership. Great Company and Community to raise a family.
Company Profile: Founded in 1987, SpaceBound is a privately held Company, offering a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Our continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence.
Please send your resume, salary requirement, and cover letter to: Employment@SpaceBound.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.