SpaceBound is looking for an experienced MS Access Programmer to assist the development team by maintaining, troubleshooting, and documenting the requirements of our Access system. This position requires a self-starting and regulating individual who can organize and successfully manage a work queue that consists of tasks such as debugging, form design, database interfaces, and database connectivity. Candidates must have above average knowledge on environments using an MS Access front end with an MS SQL Server, and should expect testing on personal knowledge of all position requirements during first interview phase.
Location: LaGrange, OH - No rush-hour traffic from any location!
- 20-35 Minutes from Cleveland, Westlake, North Ridgeville, Elyria, Avon, Medina, and Brunswick
- 35-45 Minutes from Lakewood, Beachwood, Sandusky, Brecksville, and Strongsville
Company Profile: Celebrating 30 years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a global supplier of technology products and services within the B2C, B2B and GovEd sectors. Privately held, SpaceBound offers a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years!
Work Tour: Full-Time / Long-Term Salaried Position (M-F 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Design, modify, improve and debug MS Access software components including VBA code, forms, and reports
- Should have a good understanding of SQL and relational databases. SQL Server experience a plus
- Migrate older Access databases to run with the newest version of Microsoft Access
- Setup databases using Microsoft Access per the given instructions and modify them to accommodate the system/user requirements
- Identify and understand the requirements of the users with respect to the system that needs to be developed.
- Test the system at each stage of the development phase and identify bugs which could result in negative user experience and ensure good performance of the database system
- Maintain functionality and stability
- Document changes and updates regarding the system so that everybody is acquainted with the changes and modifications to the system.
- Provide on-site support to end users after the system has been delivered
- Make necessary modifications to the system based on user feedback, and improve the overall usability of the system by providing regular system updates
- Use a ticketing system to manage ongoing work throughout all phases of development (support, troubleshooting, testing, and deployment)
- Ability to write necessary technical documentation and instructions and provide system training/support to new and existing users
- Thoroughly test all changes to ensure smooth deployments
- Must be able to read and write proficiently in English
- Must be a to work independently as well as collaboratively on team projects
- Must have above average communication and writing skills
- Requires 3 years of experience in MS Access database development
- Self-motivated - works well independently is a must
- Professional demeanor
Salary: Negotiable and commensurate with experience and Midwest region cost of living scale
- VIP (Vacation, Illness, Personal) & Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance Plan - SpaceBound pays 25% of the self/employee only portion of the monthly Health Insurance Plan premium
- Dental/Vision Plan - If you enroll in SpaceBound’s Health Insurance Plan, 50% of the self/employee only portion of the Dental Insurance cost, and 100% of the self/employee only portion of the Vision Insurance cost will be covered by SpaceBound
- Secondary/Supplemental Insurances - Plans are available through Allstate, AFLAC, and Lincoln at employee's expense
- 401K Plan available with Employer Match
- Team Building Events
- Employee Product Discounts
- Membership Plans – Costco/Sam’s Club
Environment: Fresh coffee all day, Free Spring Water and Candy, Onsite Exercise Room with Walk-in Shower, Free Parking, Basketball Hoop, Weekly Grill Lunches in the Summer, Potluck Fridays, Monthly Company Breakfast, and a new Corporate Headquarters built in 2007. Herman Miller Ergonomic “Resolve System” workstations and ergonomic chairs. Casual Work Environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership. Great Company and community to raise a family!
Travel Requirements: Minimal, strictly job-related conferences
3 Submission Requirements:
- Cover Letter
- Negotiable salary range
*PLEASE SUBMIT ALL 3 REQUIREMENTS TO: Employment@SpaceBound.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.