Are you personable, have a friendly voice, and organized? Do you have exceptional written and verbal communication skills? Are you in need of an internship for college credit? How does a paid summer internship sound to you? Do you like speaking directly and interacting directly with customers? Do you have a desire to take on a role and make it your own? Can you assist with coordinating events and promote SpaceBound’s products and services?
If so, SpaceBound’s Education and B2B Sales Internship may be a great fit for you!
Location: LaGrange, OH - No rush-hour traffic from any location!
- 20-35 Minutes from Cleveland, Westlake, North Ridgeville, Elyria, Avon, Medina, and Brunswick
- 35-45 Minutes from Lakewood, Beachwood, Sandusky, Brecksville, and Strongsville
Company Profile: Celebrating 30+ years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a global supplier of technology products and services within the B2C, B2B and GovEd sectors. Privately held, SpaceBound offers a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years.
Work Tour: Beginning in Late May through September, 2018. Time is flexible.
- Updating contacts and validating lead generation information
- Outgoing phone calls to potential clients and promoting upcoming events for the division
- Contact customers via phone and email to discuss their needs and get feedback on our products and services
- Investigate inquiries from school, library and B2B clients through request for proposals (RFP) and request for quotations (RFQ), as well as general phone and email communication
- Assist with upcoming events representing and promoting products, services and our SpaceBound sales team
- Contribute articles, writing feedback on events, and providing interesting ideas and information for the sales department’s social media pages, blog posts, and websites
- Travel outside the office as needed to meet potential clients and distribute promotional material for events and sales
- Strong phone skills and face-to-face skills
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Highly experienced with Google Documents, Sheets, and Gmail
- Highly effective organizational skills
- Self-motivated/works well independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative mindset and out-of-the-box thinker
- Cold calling experience
- Ability to stay on task and meet deadlines
In addition the candidate must be able to continually multi-task and adapt to doing different tasks throughout the day – plus, have an enthusiastic demeanor.
Salary: The internship will be based at minimum wage.
Environment: SpaceBound is a great company and community to raise a family. The Company offers a casual work environment in a new corporate headquarters built in 2007, where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of servant leadership.
Other highlights include:
- Herman Miller Ergonomic “Resolve System” workstations
- Fresh coffee all day
- Free spring water
- Stress relief candy
- Onsite exercise room with shower
- Free parking
- Basketball hoop
- Weekly grill lunches in the summer
- Potluck Fridays
Travel Requirements: Minimal, strictly job-related conferences
- Cover Letter
*PLEASE SUBMIT ALL REQUIREMENTS TO: Employment@SpaceBound.com
*To be considered, all requirements must be submitted.
SpaceBound, Inc. will make a good faith effort to recruit a diverse group of employees and provide equal opportunity for minorities, women and disabled persons to become competitive in state contracting opportunities. SpaceBound, Inc. will advertise positions in media outlets that will provide information and access to the underserved populations.