Are you personable, have a friendly voice, and organized? Do you have exceptional written and verbal communication skills? Are you in need of an internship for college credit? How does a paid summer internship sound to you? Do you like speaking directly and interacting directly with customers? Do you have a desire to take on a role and make it your own? Can you assist with coordinating events and promote SpaceBound’s products and services?
If so, SpaceBound’s Education and B2B Sales Internship may be a great fit for you!
Location: LaGrange, OH - No rush-hour traffic from any location!
- 20-35 Minutes from Cleveland, Westlake, North Ridgeville, Elyria, Avon, Medina, and Brunswick
- 35-45 Minutes from Lakewood, Beachwood, Sandusky, Brecksville, and Strongsville
Company Profile: Celebrating 30+ years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a global supplier of technology products and services within the B2C, B2B and GovEd sectors. Privately held, SpaceBound offers a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years.
Work Tour: Beginning in Late May through September, 2018.
- You may be asked to proactively monitor and audit network environment, consistent patching cycles, troubleshoot and direct adjustments as needed
- Help enforce data security policies
- Assist in monitoring of perimeter security to ensure availability, integrity, and confidentiality of information
- Assist in maintaining business continuity planning and testing
- Stay current with technological developments in systems administration technology
- Microsoft Access
- Web Development, .NET, MVC, Winforms, System Administration, Windows Server, Active Directory
- Highly Motivated
- Self-Starter who can work independently
- Detailed Oriented
- Ability to Follow Instructions
- Good Communicator - able to grasp technical concepts required to understand overall project scope and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members
- Innovator who strives for continuous improvement
- Comfortable with fast change and a fair amount of uncertainty
- Love being challenged, and always want to learn new things
Non-Required Skills (but an added plus):
- Entry Level experience with System Admin/Network Admin
- Basic understanding of fundamental database design principles
- Basic understanding of database performance tuning and index optimization
- Some experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Firewall administration experience
- Some experience with backup, restore, and disaster recovery planning for SQL Server
Salary: The internship will be based at minimum wage.
Environment: SpaceBound is a great company and community to raise a family. The Company offers a casual work environment in a new corporate headquarters built in 2007, where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of servant leadership.
Other highlights include:
- Herman Miller Ergonomic “Resolve System” workstations
- Fresh coffee all day
- Free spring water
- Stress relief candy
- Onsite exercise room with shower
- Free parking
- Basketball hoop
- Weekly grill lunches in the summer
- Potluck Fridays
Travel Requirements: Minimal, strictly job-related conferences
- Cover Letter
*PLEASE SUBMIT ALL REQUIREMENTS TO: ITEmployment@SpaceBound.com
*To be considered, all requirements must be submitted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.