Global Distribution Company Seeks Marketing Specialist
Company Name: SpaceBound, Inc. (SpaceBound.com)
Company Profile: Founded in 1987 - Celebrating 27 years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a privately held S-Corp Company with no short-term debt, offering a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Our continued growth is a direct result of a performance driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years.
Location: 35 miles from Cleveland and 30 miles or less from the following locations: Amherst, Avon, Avon Lake, Bay Village, Berea, Broadview Heights, Brook Park, Brunswick, Columbia Station, Elyria, Lakewood, Lorain, Medina, Middleburg Heights, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Oberlin, Parma, Parma Heights, Spencer, Strongsville, Vermilion, and Westlake
Work Status: Full-Time / Salaried Position (M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Marketing Specialist Skill Set Required: In addition to submitting your resume and cover letter, SpaceBound, Inc. has included a Skill Set link below that must be completed by all candidates applying for the Marketing Specialist position. The completed Skill Set form is to be included as an Excel attachment with your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter.
(Please click on the link above to download the Marketing Specialist Skill Set form.)
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Online marketing
• Focused on the creation of innovative marketing programs to drive consumer demand for SpaceBound’s large selection of products
• Assist in development and implementation of marketing initiatives
• Manage the Company’s Affiliate Program for two retail website divisions and work with Outsource Program Manager (OPM) to continually recruit and expand the number affiliates and growl sales revenue in the affiliate network channels
• Defining metrics for key marketing initiatives.
• Focused on improving ROI by analyzing sales data that tie marketing deliverables to customer acquisition and other tangible increases.
• Utilize Social Media outlets that are most effective in engaging potential shoppers
• Continually work on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and ways to expand link building or ‘link juice’ and analyze how it affects rankings
• Analyze internal and external sales statistics and make data-based recommendations for where to invest marketing spending
• Prepare marketing activity reports and present to senior management team
• Assist with the development of many of the firm’s marketing materials (i.e., web site, proposals, sell sheets, social media, direct marketing efforts, and presentations)
• Responsible for proofing and approving blog posts, product descriptions and overall website content for release
Education and Experience Required:
• BBA/BS/BA degree in Business or Marketing Degree (preferred). Or, related field, or equivalent field experience
• Minimum of four (4) to six (6) years marketing experience
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
• Technical skills in strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
• Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Photoshop (not required but helpful)
• Social Media expertise using and managing multiple Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts
• Experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is preferred
Travel Requirements: Job-Related Seminars and Conferences
Salary: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and Midwest region salaries and cost of living scale. Please submit negotiable salary requirements when forwarding resume and cover letter. SpaceBound will not eliminate a candidate based on suggested salary range. Candidate must include negotiable salary requirement with their cover letter and resume.
Benefits: SpaceBound pays 25% of the Health Insurance cost, 50% of the Dental Insurance cost, and offers Vision Insurance. Secondary personal insurance plans are available through Allstate, AFLAC, etc. at employee’s expense. 401K Plan available.
Organization: SpaceBound, Inc. is a successful national and international e-commerce Company serving retail and reseller customers worldwide. Throughout our 27 years in business, we remain steadfast in our commitment to our Customers and in maintaining a cohesive Team that has helped foster our success. As part of this unique and growing Company, this position is one that is integral to SpaceBound's fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Environment: Fresh coffee all day, Free Spring Water and Candy, Onsite Exercise Room with Shower, Free Parking, Basketball Hoop, Weekly Trivia, Weekly Grill Lunches in the Summer, new Corporate Headquarters built in 2007. Casual Work Environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership. Great Company and Community to raise a family.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.