Global Distribution Company Seeks Part-Time Accounting Assistant
Company Name: SpaceBound, Inc. (SpaceBound.com)
Company Profile: Founded in 1987 - Celebrating 28 years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a privately held S-Corp Company with no short-term debt, offering a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Our continued growth is a direct result of a performance driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years.
Location: 35 miles from Cleveland and 30 miles or less from the following locations: Amherst, Avon, Avon Lake, Bay Village, Berea, Broadview Heights, Brook Park, Brunswick, Columbia Station, Elyria, Lakewood, Lorain, Medina, Middleburg Heights, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Oberlin, Parma, Parma Heights, Spencer, Strongsville, Vermilion, and Westlake
• Part-Time / Non-Salaried Position
• 20 hours per week
• Required to work 12 months out of the year
Job Description: This is an entry level position in which the accounting assistant provides support within the accounting department and to various departments as needed. Employee performs a range of assignments within the accounting department to include, but not limited to, processing daily accounting reports, compiling shipping and warehouse reports, creating Excel spreadsheets as needed, marking invoices for payment, administrative functions – copying, faxing, filing, etc. This is a job for someone who enjoys diversity.
• Design, prepare, and maintain spreadsheets
• Operate standard office equipment
• Administrative support for accounting personnel
• Analysis of invoices
• Processing paid invoices
• Coding and matching receipts to purchase orders
• Perform clerical functions within the Company
• Work within schedules and deadlines
• 5+ years of experience working within a professional business office environment
• Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices
• Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software
• Accurately input information
• General record keeping and filing systems
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide mathematical figures along with using basic mathematical calculations
• Compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness
• Ability to detect errors
• Able to follow instructions as given
• Internet knowledge to do cost comparisons and searches
• Ability to be a team player
• Effective listener and communicator
• Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with internal personnel and external customers
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Work independently
• Ability to use a ten-key by touch
• Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint (Access a plus, but not required)
• Type a minimum of 45 wpm
• Operate standard office equipment, e.g., fax machine, copier, etc.
Accounting Assistant Skill Set Required: In addition to submitting your resume and cover letter, SpaceBound, Inc. has included a Skill Set link below that must be completed by all candidates applying for the Accounting Assistant position. The completed Skill Set form is to be included as an Excel attachment with your resume, negotiable salary requirements, and cover letter.
(Please click on the link above to download the Accounting Assistant Skill Set form.)
Travel Requirements: Job-Related Seminars and Conferences
Salary: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and Midwest region salaries and cost of living scale. Please submit negotiable salary requirements when forwarding resume and cover letter. SpaceBound will not eliminate a candidate based on suggested salary range. Candidate must include negotiable salary requirement with their cover letter and resume.
Organization: SpaceBound, Inc. is a successful national and international e-commerce Company serving retail and reseller customers worldwide. Throughout our 27 years in business, we remain steadfast in our commitment to our Customers and in maintaining a cohesive Team that has helped foster our success. As part of this unique and growing Company, this position is one that is integral to SpaceBound's fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Environment: Fresh coffee all day, Free Spring Water and Candy, Onsite Exercise Room with Shower, Free Parking, Basketball Hoop, Weekly Trivia, Weekly Grill Lunches in the Summer, new Corporate Headquarters built in 2007. Casual Work Environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership. Great Company and Community to raise a family.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.