Location: LaGrange, OH - No rush-hour traffic from any location!
- 20-35 Minutes from Cleveland, Westlake, North Ridgeville, Elyria, Avon, Medina, and Brunswick
- 35-45 Minutes from Lakewood, Beachwood, Sandusky, Brecksville, and Strongsville
Company Profile: Celebrating 30 years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a global supplier of technology products and services, within the B2C, B2B and GovEd sectors. Privately held, SpaceBound offers a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years.
Work Tour: Beginning in Late May through September, 2017. Time is flexible.
- You may be asked to proactively monitor and audit network environment, consistent patching cycles, troubleshoot and direct adjustments as needed
- Help enforce data security policies
- Assist in monitoring of perimeter security to ensure availability, integrity, and confidentiality of information
- Assist in maintaining business continuity planning and testing
- Stay current with technological developments in systems administration technology
- Microsoft Access
- Web Development, .NET, MVC, Winforms, System Administration, Windows Server, Active Directory
- Highly Motivated
- Self-Starter who can work independently
- Detailed Oriented
- Ability to Follow Instructions
- Good Communicator - able to grasp technical concepts required to understand overall project scope and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members
- Innovator who strives for continuous improvement
- Comfortable with fast change and a fair amount of uncertainty
- Love being challenged, and always want to learn new things
Non-Required Skills (but an added plus):
- Entry Level experience with SysAdmin / Network Admin I
- Basic understanding of fundamental database design principles
- Basic understanding of database performance tuning and index optimization
- Some experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Firewall administration experience
- Some experience with backup, restore, and disaster recovery planning for SQL Server
Salary: The internship will be based at minimum wage
- Team Building Events
- Herman Miller Ergonomic “Resolve System” workstations and ergonomic chairs
Environment: Fresh coffee all day, Free Spring Water and Candy, Onsite Exercise Room with Shower, Free Parking, Basketball Hoop, Weekly Grill Lunches in the Summer and a new Corporate Headquarters built in 2007. Herman Miller Ergonomic “Resolve System” workstations and ergonomic chairs. Casual Work Environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership. Great Company and community to raise a family.
- Cover Letter
*PLEASE SUBMIT REQUIREMENTS TO: Employment@SpaceBound.com
SpaceBound, Inc. will make a good faith effort to recruit a diverse group of employees and provide equal opportunity for minorities, women and disabled persons to become competitive in state contracting opportunities. SpaceBound, Inc. will advertise positions in media outlets that will provide information and access to the underserved populations.