Signing Bonus: Non-Recruited Hires
Location: LaGrange, OH - No rush-hour traffic from any location!
- 20-35 Minutes from Cleveland, Westlake, North Ridgeville, Elyria, Avon, Medina, and Brunswick
- 35-45 Minutes from Lakewood, Beachwood, Sandusky, Brecksville, and Strongsville
Company Profile: Celebrating 30 years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a global supplier of technology products and services, within the B2C, B2B and GovEd sectors. Privately held, SpaceBound offers a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years.
Work Tour: Full-Time / Long-Term Salaried Position (M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Relocation Reimbursement: Negotiable
Developers will be responsible for creating and maintaining C# based console applications, utility libraries, web services, Windows Forms applications, ASP.Net MVC and Web Forms websites.
The primary area of focus for development work is centered on aspects of retail ecommerce sales including integration with distributors, marketplaces, and shipping carriers. Developers will be responsible for seamless integration with the aforementioned third party SOAP services, RESTful services, and unmanaged SDKs.
Candidates must be creative and able to lead certain project development initiatives while also focusing on new technologies that promote the company's overall e-commerce presence.
Duties will Include:
- Gathering information requirements from team members of varying technical skill levels
- Creation of project documentation (including time estimates)
- Working with the Software Architect to formulate the overall architecture of new projects
- Thoroughly vetting and testing their own code to minimize production issues
Based upon performance and overall contribution to the success of the company, this position offers increased levels of responsibility. Candidates must possess above average communication skills and a professional corporate attitude. This is a .com, team-oriented, family friendly environment. People who value a true balance between work and personal/family life will appreciate the SpaceBound culture the most. This is a Servant Leadership led company. Room for advancement: For those with long-term advancement goals, over the next 36 months, SpaceBound will be launching three new service components allowing for many areas of advancement within IT.
- Mid-to-senior level programming experience
- Strong C# .Net background
- Experience with custom integrations including SDKs, serialization and de-serialization of XML objects, SOAP and REST web services, JSON, etc
- Familiarity utilizing Entity Framework 6 and ADO.Net for data access
- Strong SQL Server related skills including writing optimized T-SQL queries, stored procedures, views, data normalization, and triggers
- Experience developing Windows Forms ClickOnce applications, console applications, and web services
- Highly effective organizational skills
- Self motivated/works well independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Non-Required Skills (but an added plus):
- Familiarity with .NET domain modeling and O/R mapping frameworks (such as Mindscape Lightspeed)
- Advanced HTML/CSS development (responsive design/mobile first concepts)
- Unit Testing, Coding Styles (Resharper/StyleCop), and code repositories (TFS/Git) experience
- Experience with ASP.Net MVC 2+ (classic and Razor syntax) and Web Forms website development
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- jQuery and jQuery plugins experience
- NoSQL Document Databases such as MongoDB
- Enterprise messaging AmazonSQS/Azure Message Bus experience
- Asynchronous/Multithreaded programming experience
- AWS and Azure development, deployment, and support experience
Salary: Negotiable and commensurate with experience and Midwest region cost of living scale
- VIP (Vacation, Illness, Personal) & Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance Plan - SpaceBound pays 25% of the self/employee only portion of the monthly Health Insurance Plan premium
- Dental/Vision Plan - If you enroll in SpaceBound’s Health Insurance Plan, 50% of the self/employee only portion of the Dental Insurance cost, and 100% of the self/employee only portion of the Vision Insurance cost will be covered by SpaceBound
- Secondary/Supplemental Insurances - Plans are available through Allstate, AFLAC, and Lincoln at employee's expense
- 401K Plan available with Employer Match
- Team Building Events
- Employee Product Discounts
- Membership Plans – Costco/Sam’s Club
Environment: Fresh coffee all day, Free Spring Water and Candy, Onsite Exercise Room with Shower, Free Parking, Basketball Hoop, Weekly Grill Lunches in the Summer and a new Corporate Headquarters built in 2007. Herman Miller Ergonomic “Resolve System” workstations and ergonomic chairs. Casual Work Environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership. Great Company and community to raise a family.
Travel Requirements: Minimal, strictly job-related conferences
- Cover Letter
- Negotiable salary range
*PLEASE SUBMIT ALL THREE REQUIREMENTS TO: ITEmployment@SpaceBound.com
*For consideration, all three requirements must be submitted.
SpaceBound, Inc. will make a good faith effort to recruit a diverse group of employees and provide equal opportunity for minorities, women and disabled persons to become competitive in state contracting opportunities. SpaceBound, Inc. will advertise positions in media outlets that will provide information and access to the underserved populations.