Global Distribution Company Seeks Systems/Network Administrator
Company Profile: Founded in 1987 - Celebrating 27 years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a privately held S-Corp Company with no short-term debt, offering a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Our continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years.
Position: Systems/Network Administrator
Location: Cleveland, Ohio Area - Only 25-30 minutes from the following locations: Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, Elyria, Avon, Medina. And, only 45 min. from Lakewood and Brecksville.
Work Status: Full-Time (Salaried Position)
Relocation Budget: Negotiable
Travel Requirements: Minimal, strictly job-related conferences
Job Description: Cleveland, Ohio Area / E-Commerce software and electronics company is seeking a full-time Systems/Network Administrator to join our growing team. Candidates must have prior systems and network administration experience knowledge and experience. A minimum of three (3) years working experience is required for this position.
Based upon performance and overall contribution to the success of the company, this position offers increased levels of responsibility. Candidates must possess above average communication skills and a professional corporate attitude. This is a .com, team-oriented, family friendly environment. People who value a true balance between work and personal/family life will appreciate the SpaceBound culture the most. Average employee tenure 8+ years!
• Microsoft Active Directory management, NTFS permissions, and Group Policy creation and deployment
• Firewall administration including content filtering, bandwidth utilization monitoring, rule/policy creation, VPN, and syslog monitoring and analysis
• Centrally managed software patch management for software from Microsoft and other vendors
• Knowledge of SAN/NAS technologies including LUN provisioning and management, snapshot management, and iSCSI
• Familiarity working with building access control and monitoring systems including key fob provisioning, IP based surveillance DVR/cameras, and remote lock mechanisms
• Centrally managed antivirus for all workstations and servers
• Familiarity with Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technology including performance optimization and real time backups
• Network wide software license auditing
• Layer 2 enterprise switch management including packet storm prevention, spanning tree, MPIO, link aggregation, automated network mapping, VLANs, and unauthorized node detection
• Tape backup software and data recovery (Backup Exec preferred)
• Wireless network security and monitoring
• Server room environment management technologies including temperature probes, remotely managed AC unit, and managed power distribution units
• Email server management including mailbox management, log backups, and antispam gateway management
• Familiarity with multiple types of Internet connections including DSL, cable, T1, and fiber optic
• VOIP/PBX/POTS phone system management (Shoretel preferred)
• Proactively monitor and audit network environment, coordinate consistent patching cycles, troubleshoot and direct adjustments as needed to ensure 24x7 uptime of servers for E-commerce operations
• Develop systems and network documentation (including Information Technology wiki, diagrams, maps, requirements, scope, and maintenance schedules)
• Coordinate network changes with Software Architect to ensure business continuity during network upgrades, backups, and maintenance windows
• Communicate infrastructure health and recommendations for improvement to company officers
• Manage network projects and routine tasks including delegation of tasks to Junior Network Administrator
• Maintain and enhance network security policies (including monitoring of perimeter security to ensure availability, integrity, and confidentiality of information)
• Maintain server backups and test restores for critical SQL Server databases & perform database recovery if needed
• Monitor and analyze syslog entries and event logs and be proactive in responding to anomalies
• Be available after hours and weekends as needed for maintenance, upgrades, and outages (mostly remote but some on site may be required)
• Perform network security scans and other tasks necessary to maintain PCI compliance
• Stay current with technological developments in systems and network administration technology and recommends ways for PCC to take advantage of new technology
• 3+ Years of networks and systems administration experience
• 3+ Years Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy experience
• 3+ Years firewall administration experience (Sonicwall preferred)
• Exceptional Communicator - able to grasp technical concepts required to understand overall project scope and communicate effectively with technical team members
• Comfortable with a fast paced environment where requirements are fluid and prone to change
• Innovator who strives for continuous improvement
• Likes to be challenged and always want to learn new things
• Skilled at navigating cross-functional teams and projects
• Desired - experience working with / implementing requirements for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
• Desired – Familiarity upgrading Microsoft Active Directory (2003 to 2012)
• Desired – Familiarity migrating legacy email systems to cloud based Microsoft Exchange
• Desired – Familiarity with cloud based hosting and management of databases and websites (Azure, Amazon, etc)
Salary: This is a full-time salaried position. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and Midwest region salaries and cost of living scale. On average, this position requires a 9 AM to 6 PM commitment. Please submit negotiable salary requirements (required) when forwarding resume and skill set page. SpaceBound will not eliminate a candidate based on suggested salary range.
Benefits: Three weeks (15) paid days for vacation/personal/illness. Company pays 25% of Health Insurance cost. Dental and Vision Benefits are also available. Secondary insurance is available through Allstate and AFLAC at employee's expense. 401K Plan available. job-related training, free spring water and candy, onsite exercise room and shower, free parking, basketball hoop, weekly trivia (with cash prizes), discount Summer grill lunches, and new corporate headquarters/built in 2007. Casual work environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership along with offering a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. A great company and community to raise a family.
Please send the following information to ITemployment@SpaceBound.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.