Global Distribution Company Seeks Executive Assistant to the CEO
Company Name: SpaceBound, Inc. (SpaceBound.com)
Location: Cleveland, Ohio Area - Only 25-30 minutes from the following locations: Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, Elyria, Avon, Medina. And, only 45 min. from Lakewood and Brecksville.
Work Status: Full-Time / Long-Term Salaried Position (M-F, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
Organization: SpaceBound, Inc. is a successful national and international e-commerce Company serving retail and reseller customers worldwide. Throughout our 27 years in business, we remain steadfast in our commitment to our Customers and in maintaining a cohesive Team that has helped foster our success. As part of this unique and growing Company, this position is one that is integral to SpaceBound's fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Executive Assistant to the CEO Skill Set Required: In addition to submitting your resume and cover letter, SpaceBound, Inc. has included an Executive Assistant Skill Set link below that must be completed by all candidates applying for the Executive Assistant position. The completed Executive Assistant Skill Set form is to be included as an Excel attachment with your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter.
Executive Assistant Skill Set
Relevant Work Experience per Skill Set: 7+ Years
Career Level: Experienced Executive Assistant to Upper Company Level Management
Education Level: Some College Coursework Completed (Bachelor’s Degree, a plus)
Required to have prior experience as an Executive Assistant to upper management. The Executive Assistant plays a key role assisting CEO in the capacity to manage multiple competing priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment, while moving forward to achieve long-term strategic goals. Ability to anticipate the needs of the CEO, work independently and take initiative. Above average analytical skills and ability to work with contracts, proposals, and budgets. Conduct in-depth research on companies, industries, and sectors. Articulate, personable, detail-oriented, and have strong organizational, communication, and administrative skills. Must be resourceful. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for detail. Ability to work well with all levels (internally/externally). Strong technical skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Plus, must be able to balance the CEO's calendar events and scheduling needs. Outgoing, trustworthy, and attention to detail are critical qualities. A very diversified position handling business and personal matters on any given day.
Executive Assistant Required Skill Set:
- Trustworthy – responsible for handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Executive Assistant who knows what it takes to support the CEO – able to anticipate what is required to get the job done successfully. Ability to multitask, prioritize all facets of the job with an understanding of CEO’s priorities assisting in building their schedule accordingly. Take initiative to obtain details required.
- Exceptional communication skills - extensive interaction with various executive levels including, but not limited to, Board Members, City Council, Building Contractors, CEO and President levels, etc. internally and globally (a key liaison).
- Articulate, personable, detail-oriented, and have strong organizational, communication, and administrative skills. Must demonstrate initiative, be resourceful, and an ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Conduct in-depth research on companies, industries, sectors, news, and reports for the CEO.
- Above average analytical skills - compile data, including financials, and provide reports and statistics on various finance projects. Job requires a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to accurately read corporate and miscellaneous contracts along with negotiating contract renewals, etc. Also includes internal and external proposals and budget analysis.
- Responsible for the financial processes of check requests, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Track, analyze, and develop reports along with cost analysis preparation.
- Responsible for obtaining pertinent information for CEO’s projects and day-to-day functions.
- Represent CEO at off-site meetings
- Liaison between CEO, their direct reportees and department heads
- Must have the ability to assess priorities, be extremely pro-active, and able to bring issues to closure independently.
- Open, review, route and disseminate interoffice and external mail, distribute correspondence and other material to department staff.
- Ability to construct professional correspondence and an avid proofreader. Type and compose memorandums, policies, minutes, manuals, letters, forms, procedures, contracts, proposals, agendas, notes, handouts and other documents and correspondence, as appropriate.
- Above average "Gatekeeper" skills a MUST
- Above average strength in maintaining CEOs calendars, scheduling of meetings and events, multi-tasking, and an understanding of maintaining finances to include tracking and follow-up of various funds, record keeping and posting, and miscellaneous building finances.
- Answer telephone, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority.
- Above average PC skills to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Access is a plus.
- Meeting preparation – responsible for ensuring all details have been secured for CEOs meetings (on-site and off-site) along with the CEO having all pertinent material required to conduct or attend their meetings.
- Above average working knowledge of how to obtain information from the Internet to include arranging hotel, airline, and vehicle rental nationally and internationally (along with creating itineraries), price comparison shopping analysis charts, placing orders, etc.
- Requires minimal direction from the CEO or other Company employees and has the ability to make decisions on their own.
- Assist with special projects including fund raising and community service - Desire to help out as needed within our team environment
- Accurately maintain an organized filing system
- Run errands along with flexible work schedule
Salary: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and Midwest region salaries and cost of living scale. Please submit negotiable salary requirements when forwarding resume, cover letter, and completed skill set. SpaceBound will not eliminate a candidate based on suggested salary range.
Benefits: Company pays 25% of Health Insurance premium, 50% dental insurance premium, and offers vision insurance. We also have personal plans through Allstate at employee’s expense. 401K Plan is available. Job-Related Training.
Environment: Two Keurig Coffee makers, Free Spring Water, and Candy, Onsite Exercise Room with Shower, Free Parking, Basketball Hoop, Weekly Trivia, Weekly Grill Lunches in the Summer, at a new Corporate Headquarters built in 2007. Casual Work Environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership. Great Company and Community to raise a family.
Company Profile: Founded in 1987, SpaceBound is a privately held Company, offering a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Our continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence.
Please send the following information to: Employment@SpaceBound.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.