Be a part of an exciting and dynamic environment. SpaceBound, Inc. is a global distributor of hardware, electronics, software, office supplies & equipment, tech gadgets, peripherals, accessories, and much more.
Location: Cleveland, Ohio Area - 30 minutes from downtown Cleveland. Surrounding Cities Include: Amherst, Avon, Avon Lake, Bay Village, Berea, Brook Park, Brunswick, Columbia Station, Elyria, Lakewood, Lorain, Medina, Middleburg Heights, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, North Royalton, Oberlin, Parma, Parma Heights, Spencer, Strongsville, Westlake, Vermilion
Availability: Beginning in Late May through September, 2015
Paid Internship: The internship will be based at minimum wage.
• Develop a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for laser operator, including tasks such as cleaning/maintenance, operational procedures, and material lists
• Create sample work for display on Company Website and in promotional flyers/videos
• Work with marketing team to develop a Webpage promoting various services to be offered
• Work with a team to develop standard pricing and quoting practices for laser service
• Run laser jobs to fulfill customized product orders for clients
• Based on workload, this position may include miscellaneous responsibilities within the Company that are in addition to laser engraving
• Knowledge of raw materials that are suited for use with laser, and can display proper use of materials, including but not limited to, wood, plastic, glass, metal, vinyl, etc.
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator for creating, manipulating, and modifying graphic designs for use with laser
• Knowledge of production processes, quality control, and various techniques used to effectively manufacturer / manipulate goods
• Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Word and Excel
• Able to determine cost of projects, including labor, materials, time and overhead
• Demonstrate proficiency with Epilog CO2 laser systems, software and accessories
• Strong attention to detail
• Coordinate projects with various departments
• Ability to work with intricate logos and artwork
• Capable of working with minimal supervision
• Work within the given engraving timelines
• Follow safety regulations
Environment: All the Spring Water and Candy you can eat. Onsite Exercise Room, Shower and Basketball Hoop. New Corporate Headquarters built in 2007. Casual Work Environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership.
Company Profile: Founded in 1987, SpaceBound is a privately held Company, offering a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Our continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence.
Please enter "Laser Operator Internship" in the subject line of your e-mail.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.