Global Distribution Company Seeks Seasonal Warehouse Personnel
Company Name: SpaceBound, Inc. (SpaceBound.com)
Location: LaGrange, Ohio - (No rush-hour traffic from any location!)
20-minutes from the following locations: Hopkins Airport, Avon, Elyria, Medina, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, and Brunswick and 45-minutes from Lakewood or Sandusky
Company Profile: Founded in 1987 - Celebrating 27 years with no layoffs! SpaceBound is a privately held S-Corp Company with no short-term debt, offering a cohesive environment that embraces cutting-edge technologies. Our continued growth is a direct result of a performance-driven atmosphere that rewards initiative, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. Average employee tenure: 8+ years.
Must be comfortable with being on their feet all day. Works well under general supervision; typically reports to a Warehouse Lead. Warehouse jobs may vary and include, but not limited to the following responsibilities provided below. This position is not a job for someone who does not enjoy diversity, or requires advanced notice on most tasks. Due to the nature of our business, the warehouse candidate must be able to handle diversity on a daily basis, be organized, able to follow instructions as they are given, and be able to work with all levels within the Company organization. (Please Note: negotiable salary requirement is required upon submitting your resume and cover letter)
• Position: Seasonal (Hourly) (Full-Time and Part-time Shifts Available)
• Seasonal Position Timeframe: Approximately 4-12 Weeks
• Days Worked: Days May Vary (between Monday through Saturday)
• Hours Worked: Hours May Vary (between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.)
• Overtime: Required Saturdays During Holiday Season and Weekdays as Needed
• Computer Skills: Basic Working Knowledge for Internal Use
• Typing Skills: 35 wpm minimum required
• Personal Vehicle Required: Yes
• Fill multi-piece orders
• Assemble order
• Pull, pack, ship, and palletize products to customers and distribution and retail centers
• Restocking products
• Product counts
• Miscellaneous jobs may be required throughout the day, but not limited to, shrink wrapping, cleaning up boxes, cleaning products, labeling, straightening and consolidating products on shelves, sweeping floors, etc.
• Inspects, counts and sorts incoming goods to verify correct receipt of goods against shipping notice from the carrier
• Put away product in the assigned locations
• Mark inventory codes on boxes using proper labeling equipment
• Warehouse experience preferred
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
• Strong multi-tasker
• Strong attention to detail
• Above average organizational skills
• Ability to think quickly and solve problems independently
• Strong reading and comprehension skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong moral and work ethic
Organization: SpaceBound, Inc. is a successful national and international e-commerce Company serving retail and reseller customers worldwide. Throughout our 27 years in business, we remain steadfast in our commitment to our Customers and in maintaining a cohesive Team that has helped foster our success. As part of this unique and growing Company, this position is one that is integral to SpaceBound's fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Environment: Two Keurig Coffee makers, Free Spring Water and Candy, Onsite Exercise Room with Shower, Free Parking, Basketball Hoop, Weekly Trivia, Weekly Grill Lunches in the Summer, new Corporate Headquarters built in 2007. Casual Work Environment where individuals are truly self-empowered and work as a cohesive team, ascribing to the values of Servant Leadership. Great Company and Community to raise a family.
Please send the following to: EmploymentWHSE@SpaceBound.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. We take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities without discrimination based upon their physical or mental disability in all employment practices.